Olena Kholodova MES, CPA, CMA is a professional accountant and climate change and sustainability analyst. After working for more than 10 years as an accounting professional with the world’s leading publisher and information solutions provider in Europe and North America, Olena returned to Canada in 2015 to explore her interest in sustainability. She has recently completed a Masters’ degree in Environmental Studies at the University of Waterloo where she researched climate change impacts on the Canadian financial services sector. As a management accountant, Olena assisted her business counterparts in operational and strategic decisions and she is now applying her accounting and business expertise to help our clients transition and thrive in a low carbon and resilient economy. Olena holds Administrative Studies degree with Specialized Honours in Accounting from York University (BAS), is a Chartered Professional Accountant of Ontario (CPA, CMA) and a Chartered Management Accountant (ACMA, CGMA, UK).
- Member, The Norman Esch Selection Committee – Ryerson University’s Faculty of Engineering and Architectural Science
- Ryerson University. “Climate Risks”. (Toronto, ON). March 6, 2018
- University of Waterloo. “Panel on ‘Climate Change and Financial Impact’”. (Waterloo, ON). May 17, 2017
- UNEP FI (Annual meeting). “Climate Risk and the Canadian Financial Services Sector (Research Project Update)”. (Toronto, ON). December 9, 2016
- Olaf Weber and Olena Kholodova. “Climate Change and the Canadian Financial Sector”. CIGI Papers No. 134. June 2017
- Olena Kholodova. “Climate Change and the Canadian Financial Services Sector”. UWSpace: MES Thesis. 2017